Apply Immediately! Position is open until filled.
SALARY: $20.77 - $25.23 per hour
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is organized, dependable, and flexible; customer-focused; a strong critical thinker who proactively recommends changes to policies, procedures. Incumbents will be expected to perform highly complex and specialized accounting and auditing using county, state, and federal policies and procedures.
This classification is the most advanced level classification in the Accounting Technician series. Incumbents will be expected to perform highly complex and specialized accounting, auditing and payroll management duties.
- Performs highly complex clerical accounting/auditing and records management tasks.
- Maintains and reconciles fiscal records.
- Reviews and balances departmental records including time sheets and other payroll related records.
- Processes a variety of accounting documents.
- Tracks fund and other balances.
- Prepares complex accounting reports under departmental direction.
- Identifies procedural needs and may draft policies related to same.
- Handles complex clerical work including the development of specialized data and reports.
- Handles payroll reports as established by various governmental and general public agencies.
- Coordinates various programs and handles record keeping duties related to same.
- Serves on various specialized committees as required.
Principles and practices of governmental and commercial accounting and auditing; pertinent federal, state and local regulations, especially those related to employee payroll and benefit activities; general accounting and auditing record maintenance procedures; report writing principles; modern office methodologies.
Work accurately with a wide variety of computerized data and fiscal reports and records; work with personal computers; prepare complex reports; present material in a concise and orderly fashion; skillfully and accurately perform a wide variety of mathematical functions; operate business machines as needed during the course of work.
Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and six years of general clerical/bookkeeping experience including demonstrated knowledge of modern employee payroll and benefit procedures. A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field may be substituted for one year of required experience. Related college course work is highly desirable.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.