Monday, May 22, 2017 by 5:00pm
SALARY: $17.97 - $21.84 per hour
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The County of Calaveras Facilities Division of the Administration Department is seeking their next Custodian III, to take on a leadership role within the custodian team. This is an inter-departmental opportunity that is open to all permanent employees within the custodian I/II classification.
The incumbent will, under general supervision plan, implement and coordinate custodial activities for county buildings and facilities; to supervise, train, schedule and evaluate custodial staff and others assigned to custodial work programs; to evaluate safety needs and establish related safety programs; to do related work as required.
- Plans, implements, coordinates and directs custodial activities for county buildings and facilities
- Trains, evaluates, supervises, schedules and assists custodial staff with custodial duties.
- Oversees others who may be assigned to custodial work programs.
- Insures that assigned areas are maintained in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Prepares supply lists, orders and stocks custodial supplies as required.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes, buffs, scrubs and oils floors; dusts, waxes, washes and polishes furniture and woodwork.
- Replenishes supplies, ensuring that supplies are properly marked, labeled and stored.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans rest rooms.
- Washes windows and walls.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Cleans and dusts books and shelves.
- Polishes metal work.
- Moves and arranges furniture and equipment for special events.
- Turns out lights and locks doors and windows.
- May perform security checks as needed; takes care of equipment and materials used in work, arranging for repairs and replacement as appropriate.
- May perform minor building maintenance work such as replacing lights, unstopping plumbing.
- And resetting time clocks, reports safety hazards for preventive maintenance.
- Keeps simple records, including personnel and time sheet documents.
Methods of cleaning and preserving floors, walls, and fixtures; cleaning materials, disinfectants and equipment used in custodial work; common tools and their uses; safety rules and regulations applicable to work performed; basic principles of effective staff supervision, training and evaluation.
Use common electrical cleaning equipment, read, write and carry out oral and written instructions; move furniture and set up rooms and buildings for special occasions; lay out special work assignments; train, evaluate, supervise and direct staff; identify safety needs and organize, coordinate and implement safety programs; maintain effective records including those related to payroll, timesheets and personnel as required; supervise, train, schedule and direct staff and those assigned to custodial programs; perform security checks as needed.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and three years custodial experience, including one year of demonstrated staff supervision experience.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
This positions require a Sheriff’s Department background check that will include: a personal history statement, criminal check, character check and driving record check. Applicants who successfully complete the background investigation will then be scheduled for a fit for duty medical examination. Successful completion of all phases of the County’s testing process is required.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Updated Calaveras County application
Applications materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which will continue in the screening process. Incomplete applications and paperwork will be screened out of the process.
Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to an oral interview. Top candidates will be issued a background packet and assigned a Sheriff’s Office background investigator.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Mobility to work in a standard office environment; use standard office equipment and attend off-site meetings; physical ability to frequently stand and walk; sit or otherwise remain stationary at work post for long periods of time; manual dexterity to use standard office equipment and supplies and to manipulate both single sheets of paper and large document holders (binders, manuals, etc.); vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and by telephone. Work is performed both in an office and outdoors; exposure to variations in temperature and humidity; some exposure to grease, oils and various chemicals; constant contact with staff and the public.
This class description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.