CLERICAL ASSISTANT III - PUBLIC HEALTH
We are currently accepting applications for a Clerical Assistant III to support our the Health and Human Service Agency.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLY IMMEDIATELY.
SALARY: $14.30 - $17.37 per hour
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Incumbent will be under general supervision and will perform a wide variety of difficult and varied clerical duties; and will do related work as required.
The class of Clerical Assistant III is the advanced level position in the clerical assistant series and is assigned and performs independently in a wide variety of difficult clerical duties with little supervision.
- Screens callers in public and over the phone, furnishing desired information and/or referring them to proper source.
- Sets up and maintains office appointments.
- Gives out information in regards to rules, policies and procedures.
- Types a wide variety of material including correspondence, reports, contracts, specifications, bulletins, memoranda and departmental records.
- Types and assembles materials for case files or folders.
- Independently prepares correspondence which can be composed from available resources or involves no policy questions.
- Checks reports, records and other data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established standards.
- Maintains a variety of personnel, financial and statistical records.
- Maintains stock of office supplies and reorders as needed.
- Index and file claims for payment.
- Transcribe dictation from dictating machines.
- Receives receipts and deposits moneys.
- Prepares material involving the use of graphics.
- Records and maintains vacation, sick leave and overtime earned by employees.
- Assists in compiling, computing and preparing departmental budgets.
- May supervise one or more clerical subordinates doing general clerical work.
Operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the county office to which assigned together with the ability to work independently per established procedure. Modern office methods and practices including common software; MSOffice Suite of products, especially Word and Excel; business English, including vocabulary, correct grammatical usage and punctuation; modern filing methods; common office machines and their operation.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) years of increasingly responsible clerical experience, including use of personal computers. Must type 50 wpm.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to an oral examination. Following the oral examination, the top candidates will be referred to the Department Head for a selection interview.
Human Resources Division
891 Mountain Ranch Road
San Andreas, CA 95249
Phone (209) 754-6303
Fax (209) 754-6333
24 Hour job line (209) 754-6332
Message sent successfully...