OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLY IMMEDIATELY.
SALARY: $27.28 - $33.18
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Calaveras County’s Administration Department is seeking an Administrative Analyst to add to their team. The incumbent will, under direction, perform administrative, fiscal, budgetary, and related analysis; maintain a variety of accounting records and prepare a variety of financial reports for multiple activities and funding sources; serve as purchasing agent; perform a variety of delegated assignments and related work as required.
This is an experienced administrative support class that has programmatic and analytical responsibilities at a department level and supports departmental financial strategic planning, budgeting, business and financial reporting functions. Responsibilities may include operational and budgetary analysis, significant accounting work, and serves as a resource to other office staff.
- Assists with preparation of budgets; performs basic budget and expenditure review and makes recommendations on same.
- Provides general technical assistance to management as assigned.
- Assists in preparing requests for proposals, contracts and agreements.
- Determines analytical techniques and data-gathering processes and obtains required information for analysis.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to current areas of assignment.
- Prepares a variety of technical, statistical and narrative reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Prepared a variety of financial, accounting and business records and reports.
- Oversees long and short-term special projects related to departmental activities.
- Assists with and performs specific management support activities such as coordinating and preparing Board agenda items, coordinating departmental budget development.
- Answers questions from the public.
Project management and analytical techniques; principles and practices of general, governmental and grant accounting; data sampling and statistical analysis techniques; principles and practices of budget development and administration; techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone; basic supervisory principles and practices; principles and practices of general, governmental and grant accounting; fiscal administration, including principles of budget preparation and expenditure control; principles and practices of research and analysis; basic statistical methods and techniques; personal computer hardware and software typically found in a standard office.
Independently perform professional analytical and programmatic work; carry out assigned analytical or financial projects through, from data gathering to completion; use initiative and independent judgment with general policy guidelines; plan, direct and review the work of others on a project or day-to-day basis; organize work, managing multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines; maintain accurate accounting, budgetary and other records and files; prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials; use tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with contacted in the course of work; prepare, verify, analyze and reconcile fiscal records, reports and recommendations; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field, and one (1) year of experience in administrative, budget or personnel analysis, preferably in a public agency. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis to a maximum of two (2) years.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.