Apply immediately! Position is open until filled.
(I) $19.29 - $23.47 /hr.
(II) $19.78 - $24.08 /hr.
(III) $20.96 - $25.48 /hr.
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
About Mental Health
Mental Health provides the community with a wide range of mental health services for children youth and adults in Calaveras County. Specially trained county behavioral health staff members provide services in cooperation with community agencies and private health care providers.
Mental Health services seriously mentally ill adults and emotionally disturbed children, people of any age in a major crisis, and those whose lives are impacted by the use of drugs and/or alcohol. Individuals who are eligible for Medi-cal under a managed care plan called the Mental Health Plan (MHP) are eligible for services at Mental Health. Services can assist clients with improving their family and social relationships and life functioning.
- Assists various health professionals in providing services in the area of community health;
- Assists in identifying potential clients within the community who may benefit from services provided;
- Makes referrals as appropriate, prepares and delivers verbal presentations, assists in recruitment, training and monitoring of program providers;
- Assists in preparing informational programs and materials with the various news media;
- Participates and assists in planning, organizing and conducting meetings, workshops and seminars to promote health awareness and health programs;
- Prepares and maintains records and reports as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic principals and practices of health education; methods of preparing and disseminating public health education materials; organization and methods of utilizing the media, community organization and resources; principles and practices of data gathering, analysis and presentations; basic health problems and needs of the community.
Assist in preparation and implementation of health educational programs and services; ability to express self effectively orally; ability to make public presentations; can express self effectively in writing; develop and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and a wide variety of community organizations and the general public.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Education and Experience:
Community Health Assistant I: High School Diploma or GED.
Community Health Assistant II: High School Diploma plus 1 year of experience as Community Health Assistant I or equivalent, OR an A.A. Degree.
Community Health Assistant III: Bachelor’s. degree, or; Associates Degree & 1 year experience as Community Health Assistant II or equivalent.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.