APPLY IMMEDIATELY! POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $20.77 per hour
UNIT: EXTRA-HIRE UNREPRESENTED
NOTES: THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN EXTENSIVE SHERIFF'S BACKGROUND PROCESS
Under general direction, to supervise the County’s Building and Grounds program; coordinate staff and work assignments; and do related work as required.
This is the advanced level classification in the Facilities Maintenance Worker series; incumbents in this classification are expected to handle more difficult repair/maintenance tasks, as well as work related to the coordination and supervision of staff activities.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises general maintenance work and building projects for county facilities.
- Assists in the hiring, training and evaluation of buildings and grounds staff.
- Develops maintenance schedules and ensures completion of routine and emergency repairs.
- Handles budgetary responsibilities, purchases equipment and supplies.
- Oversees custodial work and custodial personnel.
- Makes routine and emergency repairs and adjustments to buildings, equipment and facilities.
- Removes and replaces faucets.
- Cleans drains and lines.
- Lays piping.
- Performs plumbing repairs.
- Repairs wood articles and structure such as doors, partitions, counters and furniture.
- Repairs and replaces door closers and stops.
- Repairs floors and ceilings.
- Paints a variety of areas and facilities.
- Repairs engines and other equipment.
- Supervises repair and maintenance of building air conditioning and healthy systems.
- Replaces electrical equipment and mates electrical repairs.
Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in unskilled and semiskilled electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting repair work; safety regulations and safe work practices; general rules and regulations related to management of personnel.
Work from sketches, drawings, plans or oral directions; use and operate a variety of hand and power tools; make rough estimates or needed repair work, labor and materials for a specific job; purchase equipment and supplies; keep records and provide statistical reports.
Effectively supervise, train and evaluate staff; coordinate work assignments and special projects; ensure timely completion of routine and emergency repairs.
Training and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and four years of work experience as a Facilities Maintenance Worker II or equivalent; demonstrated knowledge of the building trades.
Possession of an appropriate California driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles may be required.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
- Anyt relevant certificates
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to in the oral interview process.
Following successful completion of the oral interview, an in-depth Sheriff’s background investigation will be conducted.In addition, a fit for duty medical examination will be completed. Successful completion of all phases of the County’s testing process is required.