APPLY IMMEDIATELY! POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $16.64 - $20.19 per hour
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017
INTERVIEWS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22, 2017
ANTICIPATED POSITION START DATE: MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2017
Under general direction, to perform clerical accounting/auditing duties of varying complexity; to learn, understand, interpret and apply complex tax codes; to work efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of related computer hardware/software applications; and related duties as required.
Incumbents will be expected to perform increasingly complex clerical accounting/auditing duties, requiring specialized knowledge related to County Treasurer/Tax functions. Incumbents will also be expected to possess technical knowledge as it relates to applicable computer technology.
This is the second level position in the four-part Tax Technician series. The incumbent is expected to have the basic skills and knowledge of a Tax Technician I and be able to perform general clerical accounting and auditing procedures, basic technical and specialized clerical accounting/auditing and technical computer application work related to Treasurer/Tax functions. This position is expected to perform basic routine tasks independently.
- Performs clerical accounting/auditing duties of varying complexity.
- Handles records management tasks related to Treasurer/Tax operations.
- Maintains and reconciles fiscal records for secured and prior secured tax roll.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly accounting reports or documentation related to said reports.
- Handles tasks associated with current secured, 5 pay plan and 4 pay plan programs.
- Works closely with, understands and applies complex State revenue and taxation codes.
- Understands, applies and meets State requirements for yearly tax sale and payment plans.
- Works with outside agencies, the public and others regarding Treasurer/Tax operations, including special assessments.
- Understands and applies computer technology, ensuring that day-to-day records maintenance operations are accurate.
- Performs work related to Prior Secured Delinquent Tax Roll and the Yearly Tax Sale of Delinquent parcels.
- May be expected to explain, demonstrate or otherwise instruct the public and others with regards to applicable codes, laws, regulations; be able to learn, apply and demonstrate computer application functions.
- To learn, apply and coordinate computer data maintenance.
- To serve on related committees;
- To work on special projects.
General clerical accounting/auditing and record keeping methodologies; principles and practices of governmental and commercial record keeping; pertinent federal, state and local regulations; report writing; computer applications, including DOS, WordPerfect, MS Works and Excel, and other commonly used applications; general computer functions and tools related to office operations.
Effectively work with a wide variety of computerized data and fiscal reports and records; work with personal computers; prepare complex reports; present material in a concise and orderly fashion; skillfully and accurately perform a wide variety of mathematical functions; operate business machines; create and order specialized forms as needed; recognize office needs and implement solutions.
Effectively establish and maintain excellent working relations with the public and others; maintain accurate records; understand, learn and apply specialized rules, regulations and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and three years of general clerical accounting/auditing experience, including demonstrated knowledge of computer applications and knowledge of County Treasurer/Tax operations. Banking experience is preferred.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County Application
- Cover Letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete applications and paperwork will be screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.