APPLY IMMEDIATELY! POSITION(S) OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $16.23 per hour
Under direction of a supervisor or Sheriff’s management, performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties in support of the Sheriff’s Department; which may include record keeping, specialized civil, financial, or evidence processing related to the department, typing, word processing, fingerprinting and filing; and to perform related work as required.
This is the entry level class for Sheriff Services Technician work. Required to decipher technical data and laws pertaining to the security, release, and maintenance of Sheriff’s records. Processes reports of a confidential nature in strict adherence to State and Department mandates. Requires keeping current on continuous changes and additions in report processing requirements, etc. Relied upon to help assure Department and State policies are followed; responsible for releasing information of a sensitive nature to the public. Requires developing skills in handling citizen complaints in person and over the telephone. Operates a Department Records Management System involving inputting and/or retrieving information in numerous in-house files.
- Performs record checks for authorized agencies in strict accordance with the law.
- Operates a telecommunication terminal accessing County, State, and National law enforcement automated information systems.
- Fiscal accounting and departmental payroll.
- Performs sealing of records and records destruction in accordance with laws and other mandates.
- Operates a word processor to type complaints for deputies/investigators for submission to the District Attorney.
- Trains or assists in training of personnel.
- Processing and maintenance of evidence and civil records.
- Transcribes, types, files and provides other clerical support duties.
- Performs various other miscellaneous duties, such as processing mail, processing citations, maintaining supplies, etc.
Operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the department together with the ability to work independently per established procedures; modern office methods and practices including common software applications; business English, including vocabulary, correct grammatical usage and punctuation; modem filing methods; common office machines and their operation, including use of personal computers.
Assist in the developing and implementing of goals, objectives, work sites, policies, procedures, and work standards; prepare, maintain, and review documents, records and reports; exercise sound judgment with general policy guidelines; assist in analyzing office operations and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions; interpret and apply legislative and administrative laws, codes and regulations as directed; skill in typing accurately at a net rate of 60 words per minute; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by college level course work in administration or technical subjects related to the area in which assigned and two (2) years of responsible office administrative support experience.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- ·County application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
If any of the above required documentation is missing from the application packet it will be disqualified from the process.
Following successful completion of the oral interview, a background investigation that will include a computer voice stress test analysis examination will be completed on the top candidates. Successful completion of all phases of the County’s testing process is required.