Apply immediately! Open until filled.
SALARY: $204,755.20 - $248,955.20 annually
UNIT: Mid-Management Unrepresented
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
The staff Psychiatrist, under the direction of the Behavioral Health Services Director, works as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team providing outpatient psychiatric treatment to a diverse rural population of children, transition age youth, adults and older adults in a busy outpatient community mental health clinic. The incumbent will provide medication services and consultation within a Recovery Model service delivery system.
Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) candidates are encouraged to apply. Supplementary pay is provided for this capacity.
• Provide outpatient psychiatric services for seriously mentally ill adults, older adults, and some youth including, but not limited to:
- Evaluation, assessment and administration of psychotropic medications.
- Coordination and development of treatment/medication plans.
- Support of consumer, and family participation in managing and directing their care.
- Development and maintenance of patient progress notes, prescription records and other information in a clinical case management software system.
- Order and review of necessary lab work to assure medical safety and appropriate pharmacological treatment.
- Completion of necessary Treatment Authorization Requests for medication exceptions for Medi-Cal and/or other insurance plans.
- Responsibility for management of medication samples.
- Consultation with clinical team to provide a coordinated care model of treatment within the Recovery Model service delivery system.
- Maintain all records and documentation that meets the agency standards and timelines to comply with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Educate consumers and family members regarding psychiatric disorders and medications.
- Perform conservatorship evaluations.
- Complete documentation related to Social Security as appropriate and other paperwork which may be required by outside agencies.
- Participate in regular utilization and quality assurance reviews.
- Provide consultation to local primary care physicians on shared cases
- Maintain contact and interaction with colleagues in the field of psychiatry, specifically in the public mental health sector, to assure development and maintenance of evidenced based practices related to medications.
Apply best practices in providing psychiatric services to rural outpatient mental health population. Utilize knowledge in client-driven systems for the target population. Apply laws, rules and regulations governing psychiatric services and mandated reporting under mental health; design and implement medical service protocols; monitor and record progress toward consumer goals; communicate effectively in variety of settings; develop and maintain effective working relationships with consumers and their families, co-workers, governmental officials, and community representatives; prepare clear, accurate and comprehensive records and reports. Maintain clinical documentation and prescription information in a computerized clinical software program.
License and Certificates
Possession of a valid California Class A Driver’s License. Possession of a valid license to practice medicine issued by the State of California and a valid certificate in psychiatry issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. (Board Eligible acceptable; Board Certified preferred). Certificate in Addictionology is desirable.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County Application
- Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
- Proof of valid license to practice medicine (as stated above)
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete applications and paperwork will be screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.