APPLY IMMEDIATELY! POSITION(S) OPENED UNTIL FILLED
SALARY: $13.22 - $16.08 per hour
To view our excellent benefits please click HERE.
This is the entry-level class in the Custodian classification series. Employees in the class are responsible for performing a wide variety of duties such as sweeping, mopping, waxing, buffing, scrubbing and oiling floors; replenishing supplies, empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleaning restrooms; washing windows and walls; replacing light bulbs; cleaning and dusting books and shelves; moving and arranging furniture and equipment for special events; and keeps simple records.
- Performs a variety of duties such as sweeping, mopping, waxing, buffing, scrubs and oils floors;
- Spot clean carpets as needed;
- Cleans all windows including glass, sills, frames and blinds;
- Cleans, disinfects and sanitizes restrooms including hardware, fixtures, floors, mirrors, walls, doors and partitions as well as services paper and soap dispensers;
- Cleans office areas including furniture, phones, lamps, walls, doors, door hardware, wastebaskets, floors and baseboards;
- Cleans building entrances including sidewalks, ashtrays, mats, carpet, glass, metal surfaces, corners and floors;
- Cleans corridors and lobbies including sweeping, vacuuming floors, baseboards, spot cleaning carpets, drinking fountains, furniture, drapes, blinds;
- Cleans all other incidental items or areas such as air vents, storage areas, desks and table tops, dust areas on a regular basis or as needed;
- Operate and maintain a variety of custodial equipment including stripping machine, waxer, buffer, carpet extractor, carpet shampooer, wet and dry vacuums, and other custodial equipment as assigned;
- Replaces light bulbs;
- Polishes metal work;
- Moves and arranges furniture and equipment for special events;
- Cleans custodial closets and organizes supplies and equipment. Replenishes as needed;
- Notifies lead or supervisor of problems with mechanical systems, lighting and power, damaged, vandalized or missing property, equipment and supplies;
- Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with County priorities;
- Observes all safety requirements.
Methods, materials and equipment used in building cleaning work; safe work practices
Read and write at the level required for successful job performance; clean and care for assigned buildings and equipment; use a variety of janitorial equipment and materials; understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Training and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
One (1) year of cleaning experience preferred. On-the-job training provided.
This positions require a Sheriff’s Department background check that will include: a personal history statement, criminal check, character check and driving record check. Applicants who successfully complete the background investigation will then be scheduled for a fit for duty medical examination. Successful completion of all phases of the County’s testing process is required.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
Applications materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which will continue in the screening process. Incomplete applications and paperwork will be screened out of the process.
Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to an oral interview. Top candidates will be issued a background packet and assigned a Sheriff’s Office background investigator.