Welcome to the Calaveras County Human Resources Benefits page. Calaveras County offers a comprehensive benefits package to regular full-time and part-time employees who work at least 20 hours a week. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the needs of all employees and their family members.
County Contribution towards Medical Insurance for employees:
- Employee Only = $552.72 mo.
- Employee + 1 Dependent = $1,090.38 mo.
- Employee + Family = $1,442.82 mo.
Cash - In - Lieu (CIL) of Medical Insurance: Employees may opt out of medical insurance coverage and receive $300 per month. Employee must provide proof of current medical coverage under another plan. Employees electing to take CIL will be eligible to receive dental and vision at no cost for themselves and dependents.
FOR BENEFIT COSTS PLEASE - CLICK HERE.
2017 BENEFIT/OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION - CLICK HERE
Anthem Blue Cross PPO plans with an Out Of Area plan for some remote locations. Members of DSA may chose any of the three plans.
Incentive Plan 80/20 with $500 individual / $1000 family deductible
Core Plan 8/20 with $1500 individual / $4500 family deductible
Law Enforcement Plan (DSA & Sheriff's Management) 90/10 with $300 individual / $900 family deductible
Anthem Blue Cross Emergency Room Guide
Anthem Blue Cross Emergency Room Guide - VIDEO
Have you ever needed a doctor afterhours or were too busy make an appointment? Now you can see a doctor any time of the day or night, no matter where you are, as long as you have an internet connection and camera on your device.
Anthem Blue Cross - LiveHealthOnline.com
Anthem Blue Cross - LIveHealthOnline - VIDEO
Anthem Blue Cross - FAQ
Anthem Blue Cross - Information Flyer
Anthem Blue Cross - App Information
Prescription Plan for each plan above.
Comprehensive Dental Plan through Delta Dental. No deductible. Max benefit per year $2600.
Vision Services Plan-VSP provides eye exams every 12 months, lenses every 12 months and frames every 24 months. $10 co-pay.
WE'VE GOT APPS!
Ben-IQ Anthem Blue Cross Delta Dental VSP
Ben-IQ Toolkit Downloading
RETIREMENT: CalPERS. Formula dependent on status with CalPERS (Classic or New PEPRA member)
- CalPERS Classic Members: Classic employees that first became members on or after July 1, 1996 are subject to an annual compensation limit. The 2016 limit is $265,000. Employees do not pay contributions on amounts exceeding $265,000 and compensation earned beyond the limit will not be considered when CalPERS calculates the single highest year pensionable compensation average. The County does not participate in Social Security but does contribute to Medicare.
- Classic Regular: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 55 would be equal to 2% of your highest annual wage (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service. Employee contribution rate = 7%
- Classic Safety: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 50 would be equal to 3% of your highest annual wage (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of services. Employee contribution rate = 9%
PEPRA MEMBERS (HIre on or after 1/1/2013)
- CalPERS New PEPRA Members: New members are subject to an annual compensation limit that is regulated by CalPERS and changes periodically. Employees do not pay contributions on amounts exceeding $140,424 and compensation earned beyond the limit will not be considered when CalPERS calculates the 3‐year pensionable compensation average. The County does not participate in Social Security but does contribute to Medicare.
- PEPRA Regular: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 62 would be equal to 2% of your highest 3-year compensation wage average (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service. Employees contribute 50% of the normal cost as determined by CalPERS. 2017 employee contribution amount is 7%.
- PEPRA Safety: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 57 would be equal to 2.7% of your highest 3-year compensation wage average (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service. Employees contribute 50% of the normal cost as determined by CalPERS. 2017 employee contribution amount is 11.5%.
Retirement Savings Plan (457b): Company matches up to $25 a month. (DSA & Sheriff's Management excluded)
Lincoln Trust Online Enrollment Guide
How to access your account
County Provided Life Insurance: $50,000.
County Provided Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Medical and Dependent Care reimbursement accounts.
Supplemental Insurance Plans: You may purchase through
- Chimienti & Associates
Vacation (Pro-rated for those working less than 100%):
- Date of hire through 3 complete years of continuous service = 80 hours per year.
- 4 years - 9 years = 120 hours per year
- 10+ years = 160 hours per year.
- Max accumulation: Double what you earn annually
- Eligibility: After 6 months of employment you may begin using vacation time, up to 40 hours.
Sick Leave: Twelve (12) days annual sick leave accrual with unlimited accumulation. (Pro-rated for those working less than 100%):
Family Sick Leave: Sixty (60) hours of sick leave can be used to care for immediate family; parent, spouse, child, sibling. DSA is allowed forty-four (44) hours.
Bereavement Leave: Twenty-four (24) hours paid leave for immediate family.
Holidays: Thirteen (13) paid holidays
Management Time Off (MTO): 40 hours annually, if applicable. Pro-rated to 20 hours if hired after June 30th.
Sheriff's Management Time Off (SMTO): 80 hours annually. Pro-rated to 40 hours if promoted after June 30th.
MERIT AND LONGEVITY
Merit Increases: After successful completion of your probationary period, a 5% merit increase may be granted. Merit increases may be granted annually thereafter to the top step.
Entry-Level Deputy Sheriff Merit Increases: After successful completion of 13 pay periods, a 5% merit increase may be granted.
Longevity Incentives: A 2.5% incentive will be earned at 6, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service.
DSA & Sheriff's Management Longevity Incentives: 2.5% at 5.5 and 15 years of service.
Probation Period: New employees remain in a probationary status for one (1) year = 26 pay periods.
- Boot Allowance (specific classifications are allowed $150 per year distributed once a year in the first full pay period in December)
- Uniform Allowance (specific classifications are allowed $650 per year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.)
- Uniform Shirt Allowance for Animal Shelter Assistant $200 per year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.
- Bi-Lingual Pay ($75 per month for specific approved classifications)
- DSA Uniform Allowance ($875 per year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.)
- DSA K-9 Pay
- DSA Assignment Pay: Hostage Negotiations & S.W.A.T.
DSA and Sheriff's Management Education Incentives:
- AA Degree………………………………………… 3.0%
- Advanced POST…………………………………...5.0%
- AA Degree and Advanced POST Certificate…....7.5%
- BA/BS Degree……………………………………. 5.5%
- BA/BS and Advanced POST Certificate….….…10.0%
- Masters Degree…………………………….…….10.0%
- DSA POST Supervisory Certificate………………2.5%
- DSA POST Management Certificate……………..2.5%
- SMU POST Supervisory Certificate.....................3.5%
- SMU POST Management Certificate...................3.5%
- SMU POST Executive Certificate........................3.5%